Thursday, April 18, 2013

Modeling Lesson #1

Hey there Slendees!

Jeneka K. here to share with you a slice of the model life :) Did you know I am a model turned wardrobe stylist? I like to think my experience as a model gives me a little edge when styling. I envision not only the wardrobe in it's entirety but the poses that go along with it as well. So, when I'm on set you'll often find me behind the photographer in "the zone" mirroring the models angles, facial expressions and helping to give direction. I try not to interrupt if I don't need to but...

Once a model always a model ;)
**One of my first photo shoots with Fused Fashion shot by Rafael Tongol** 

Having a good amount of experience as a model also means I have high expectations and that I'm going to push models to be the best that they can be. 


Lesson #1: MODELING IS NOT EASY

I was on set the other day styling and helping a young model get into a pose where she was leaning back against a wall that was about an arm's length behind her. Of course I had her in 5" heels so leaning that far back was a little bit of a challenge. Leaning back was only the beginning though. Next came all kinds of instructions... 

"Chin up! Not too far up.. Tilt your head towards me... Yes! There! Now streeeetch those arms up... Good! There! Now relax your face.. but give me intensity in the eyes.. Yes girl! Relax those hands.. Okay good, now can you cross your ankles??"

We had to break several times which was okay! Because LESSON #1: MODELING IS NOT EASY! It takes time, it takes effort, it takes dedication, it takes love, passion, emotion, sweat, tears, and most of all it takes confidence. 

For all you young aspiring models out there looking for an EASY job, modeling might not be for you. But, for all you who are ready to WERK! the modeling industry welcomes you with open arms.

May the fierce be with you!

xoxo*j 

No comments:

Post a Comment