Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Shoesday Tuesday: The Wedge Sneaker

Hey Slendees!

Jeneka K. here to bring you a slice of the shoe-obsessed model life :) Yesterday I had a 12 hour voyage from Orlando to Honolulu. Luckily for my long legs, I flew first class the whole way (thanks dad!). Regardless of which class I fly though, I always strive to travel in style all the way down to my shoes.

 I had a gorgeous view of Oahu as we flew in.

A first class breakfast in my first class kicks.

Last week I happened upon the PERFECT shoe to fly in at one of my favorite boutique's Tuni Winter Park.

These Boutique 9 pale pink, peep toe wedge sneakers with velcro straps had my name written all over them! I mean seriously, how cute are they?! Of course, when I tried them on I was sold! They're so comfortable and fit just right. I even wore them out of the store!

I've been wanting to wear them everyday since purchasing them but refrained so I could debut them to the world today ;)

I love them for flying because they are FASHIONABLE & FUNCTIONAL! The neutral color makes it a great shoe to pair with any outfit. I wore it with stone washed skinnys, a tank & a floral coverup.

Follow me on Instagram --> @jenekaka

Going through security was a cinch too as they easily slip on and off (sidebar: how often does TSA shampoo their carpets??).

Picked up this cowboy boot keychain on my layover in Houston.

Ever since Isabel Marant's pumped up kicks hit the fashion scene, wedge sneakers have been all the craze. I've got another black & silver pair of wedge sneakers that I swear by when I'm styling. As a heel addict, I love the extra height but there's none of the extra pain! Bonus! I can seriously style in them all day. (Shout out to my girl Mahealani for hooking me up with them for Christmas!)

Models like Joan Smalls have been rockin the wedge sneaker trend in cities all over the world.

So, the next time you're flying to a photo shoot or runway show or just to a little getaway, slip on a cute & comfy pair of wedge sneakers, post a pic on Instagram & tag @slenderbread & @jenekaka along with #slenderbreadstyle. I'll be reposting my favorites!

May the fierce be with you!

xoxo*j

No comments:

Post a Comment