Monday, May 20, 2013

Honolulu Night Market Fashion Show by Tyson Joines



Aloha Slendees! Last night I saw a fashion show styled by Tyson Joines at the Honolulu Night Market. I was ecstatic to be able to attend a fashion show in Hawaii and was throughly impressed with the talent I saw. The models here are so diverse and exotic it is intoxicating. I will be profiling a few of the models I met at the show in the upcoming weeks so stay tuned!

Tyson showcased a total of 40 looks that were inspired by Alexander Wang's SS2013 show, which if you might remember was one of my favorite shows last September. What impressed me most about last nights show was Tyson's clear attention to detail. The color palette for the show was strictly black and white with seldom pops of neon accessories. The absence of colors and patterns emphasized the sleek and sophisticated silhouettes. Makeup for the models was refreshingly natural and hair was parted down the center and wrapped in a low pony which kept the looks refined and unified.

Some of my favorite pieces from the show included high waisted black leather leggings, which is currently at top of my 'Have-To-Have' list, and a neon triangle clutch, which was so different and amazing I was drooling.  There were also different types of visors, my favorite being one that was a complete shield over the model's face. Loved it!

Tyson fell in love with fashion, like many of us have, through fashion magazines like Vogue and W. He has worked for companies such as DISfunkshion Magazine and Wilhelmina Hawaii and eventually plans to move to New York City where I think he will be warmly welcomed.

Hawaii has much to offer the fashion industry and last nights fashion show proved that. I look forward to discovering and sharing with all of you more of the talent there is here in the islands.

May the fierce be with you!

xoxo*j

No comments:

Post a Comment